Income and Support Supplement

Income Support Supplement can only be paid to eligible Australian war widow/ers.  You must be granted the War Widow/er's pension in order to be eligible for the Income Support Supplement.

To be eligible for Income Support Supplement you must:

  • be of a service pension age (56 for females and 60 for males); or
  • have a dependent child or children; or
  • be permanently incapacitated; or
  • be the partner of another income support pensioner; and
  • be an Australian resident; and
  • be in Australian at the time of lodging the claim.

The Income Support Supplement is complex and detailed.  We strongly recommend that if you are going to make an Income Support Supplement claim, you consult an ex-service organisation, (that you have confidence in), who have pension officers that have competed the Training Information Program, (TIP).

For further information on applying for the Income Support Supplement, contact your nearest DVA office or visit their web site at and look up fact sheet IS 46

The Vietnam Veterans Association of Australia can assist any veteran of any conflict, their widow/er's and children by providing advice and assistance in regard to all pensions matters.  Simply contact your nearest sub-branch.

Legacy is also heavily involved in assisting in these claims, and they may be contacted on  Legacy also provides other forms of assistance to war widows and orphans.

Back to homepage Back to homepage Back to homepage ss